Sunday, November 12, 2006

Tub Racing!

There is a new craze taking place in our bathroom almost daily now and it is termed: Tub Racing! It is often accompanied by the theme song to Acceleracers. The boys race their cars down the slope of tub to the other side. Amazingly this activity can keep the boys entertained for hours! I made the mistake of telling them that I didn't want them to do this thinking it may scratch the tub. They stopped but then began fighting over trivial little matters that only little boys find important. Of course as soon as they were told to go back upstairs, I could once again hear the theme song and wheels racing along the tub. (I have checked the tub and thankfully I don't see any damage from this sport.)

Today J and I decided it was time to make a dent in our house by cleaning. It has been pouring rain all day so we couldn't send the boys outside and they seemed really bored so I gave both of them a rag and told them to wash the stairs. This was great fun for them and soon they were washing anything available; heaters, cushions, door frames, refrigerator, trash cans...you name it and they thought of it. I only wished I had my camera available to take a photo of the two of them scrubbing the stairs together! Needless to say we ended up making a huge dent in the cleaning and I wouldn't be upset at having visitors.

As reward we pulled out the foam crocquet set and moved furniture and played a few rounds in the living room. It was a lot of fun although Roll still struggles with losing (I think he is more like his dad than dad wishes to admit).

The morning activities must have created some bond between the boys as they were playing in their room together creating a party for Mom and Dad. Unfortunatley they were supposed to be taking a nap. We had to pay to come to the party but were also paid in return for our attendance. Now if only I can teach them to fix dinner!

No comments: