Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Weekend Wonder: Garmisch-Partenkirchen



Well I haven't kept up this past couple of weeks with the holiday but we went to Garmisch for Thanksgiving. Several other teachers went down as well and some other friends of ours so we enjoyed a large meal together in honor of Thanksgiving. It was nice although many other Americans had the same idea leaving the restaurant out of turkey by the time we ordered:)

While there we just relaxed. I tried to get in a bit of shopping but wasn't very successful. We just enjoyed being away from the rush and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Fortunately we had beautiful weather as well.

One heartstopping moment was when Rock decided to jump off a play structure from a height just over 5 feet. His knees buckled on impact and he didn't cry but I was concerned none the less. After assuring myself that he was okay, I calmly asked him not to do that again which he with equal calm replied "kay". Personally I think it scared him more than me and he was glad to be told not to do that again. Saving face you know...

The boys seemed to enjoy their time although the times they went shopping were not their favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how we miss Germany and especially our visits to Garmisch. Good to hear you all had lots of fun. Enjoy some snow for us and let us know when you drag,uh, I mean go sledding on the hill! You know you'll never live down dragging R. in the snow ;)